The philosophy club is a student organization promoting philosophical discussion outside of class. Students meet twice each month to discuss a wide variety of philosophical issues. Meetings are open to anyone with an interest in philosophy.
Club Officers for 2012-2013
- Ryan Meer, President
- Leah Blackburn, Vice-President
- Dylan Leigh, Treasurer
- Mary Elizabeth McLaughlin, Secretary
A Selected Sample of Past Presentations
- "Do we have a Moral Obligation to Obey the Law?" Dr. Peter Markie, University of Missouri (2011)
- "Everything's So Simple: Why Nothing is a Part of Anything," Douglas Moore (2011)
- "When is Affirmative Action Fair?" Dr. Justin McBrayer (2010)
- "The Intelligent Design Debate," Dr. Martin Curd, Purdue University (2009)
For a detailed list of previous presentations, see here.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Justin McBrayer, Assistant Professor of Philosophy
216 Noble Hall